The VCU CoHD will positively impact communities across the commonwealth through the development of programs that are focused on the needs of communities with health disparities. These programs will reduce disparities through enhancing the skills of both the university community and the disparity community.
To reduce health disparities by training a diverse and competent workforce, and by serving and engaging disparities communities
- Enhance research training opportunities for the university
- Increase the diversity of the health sciences workforce
- Increase the quantity and quality of health disparities research through research, training and education initiatives
- Facilitate university and community engagement initiatives to address health disparities
- Bridge university research with community practice to support relevant research projects that address needs of disparities communities
- Facilitate university and community partnerships through information sharing and partnership development that enable students, faculty, staff, organizations, and communities to work together to reduce health disparities