Workshop in Education Day 2
I. Show video of science teaching: “Preparing for Mineral Identification”
Questions to Consider
- What role does formative assessment play in Mr. Olive's classroom?
- How does the teacher prepare his students for mineral identification?
- As students work in small groups, what strategies does the teacher use to help them succeed?
Share teacher lesson resources - unit summary, lesson outline, student journal sample
Discuss why students are writing in their lab journals
II. Necessary Components of an Effective Science Lesson
III. Resources for teaching inquiry lessons
- Mineral Unit Framework Handout
- Mineral Identification Lab Team Directions
- Instructional Plan for Introduction to Mineral Identification