Week 1 - Summer 2017 June 19 - June 23, 2017 Preparation Week
- Complete RCR (Responsible Conduct of Research) CITI Training - and other appropriate training.
Some of you may be engaging in basic human or animal related research, thus you may need to complete addition CITI modules as required by your research laboratory.
Information the RCR CITI training can be found on the VCU Office of Research and Innovation Responsible Conduct of Research Page: http://www.research.vcu.edu/responsible_conduct/
If you have alreay completed the RCR CITI training then there is not need to complete the training again.
For information about the CITI RCR course please visit the CITI website: https://about.citiprogram.org/en/series/responsible-conduct-of-research-rcr/ For information on registering for the on-line course follow the instructions for new subscribers.
http://www.research.vcu.edu/human_research/new_subscribers.pdf To access the actual training you will need your VCU eid and e-mail when you go to the CITI website. To access the CITI training modules you should go to the following CITI website: https://www.citiprogram.org/ .
- Check with your research mentor to see what other training might be required of you and complete that training
- Meet with your mentor or other designated parties in his lab as his and your schedule permit. You should reach out to your mentor at some point this week.
- Read up on the research happening in your mentor's laboratory.
- Complete the Skills Assessment Survey which can be found at this link:
- Participate in a HERO-T google hangout on Thursday June 22 1:00 - 1:30 pm https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/vcu.edu/hero-t-fellows